How do I get a pregnancy verification form for my pregnant daughter?

Question: I just found out my 16 year old daughter is pregnant. I added her to my Medicaid case in May and I’m awaiting to hear if she has been added. I need to get verification of her pregnancy to turn into job and family services. Do I need to make an appointment or can I just walk in ?

Answer:  In order to value your time, please call Painesville (440-352-0608) and make an appointment to receive pregnancy verification.  We have open availability and should be able to accommodate an appointment to fit the needs of your schedule.

Can I make an appointment at Family Planning if I do not have insurance and I am unemployed?

Question: So, I do not have insurance nor a job as I have literally just moved to Ohio. My IUD has dislodged itself and is causing me pain.  How can I get help as someone without a job? Are there alternatives to maybe figure out cost like me bringing in a W2?

I’m really not wanting to pay the huge tab on a ER visit for such a simple thing so please let me know if there is something you can do or other alternatives so I can get your services.

Answer:  The Family Planning Association uses a sliding fee scale that asses cost based off of household income and family size.  Please call the Painesville clinic (440-352-0608) or Ashtabula clinic (440-992-5953) to make an appointment. If you are interested, you can also visit with one of our Certified Application Counselors for information or assistance in applying for private insurance or Medicaid.

However, it is an emergency if you believe your IUD is dislodged.  Please do not wait for an appointment at Family Planning and go to the ER right away.

Why am I experiencing weight gain and irregular menstrual cycles when I am not currently on hormonal birth control?

Question:  Okay, I don’t really know where to begin. I was on birth control for two years and then I stopped taking it. I have gained a ton of weight in the past 6 months or so, and my periods have been every other month. They are not regular at all, and when I do get a “period”, its extremely light and its just basically spotting. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests, and they all come back negative. I got tested for a thyroid problem a while back, and he said it was a bit high. I am just wondering if there is anything you guys can do for me, or if I should just go see a regular doctor. I do not have any health insurance, and the doctors visits can get pretty pricey, which is why I am trying to avoid going. I do not want to be on birth control as I would like to have a kid sometime in my near future. If you could help me out, that would be great. Thank you!

Answer:  Depending on your age, it is normal to females under the age of 25 to have an irregular menstrual cycle and experience fluctuations in weight.  However, because you are not actively using a hormonal method, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor and transfer your thyroid test results.  Similar to Family Planning, the Lake County Free Medical Clinic offers a sliding fee scale for individuals who are uninsured 440-352-8686.  If you are in need of an annual pelvic exam or assistance with applying for Medicaid, we encourage you to call Family Planning to schedule an appointment 440-352-0608.

As of right now I do not have insurance and I am not employed. I was wondering if I would be able to come in for an exam? and what would the cost be?

Question: As of right now I do not have insurance and I am not employed. I was wondering if I would be able to come in for an exam? and what would the cost be?

Answer:  The Family Planning Association works off of a sliding fee scale if a client does not have private insurance or Medicaid.  The clinic will ask you how much income your household brings in and how many people are living off of that income and asses the fee for your visit.  However, Family Planning can offer you services regardless of your ability to pay.  Please call 352-0608 to make an appointment.  In addition, we also have a Certified Application Counselor on staff to help you apply for Medicaid if you are interested or have any questions.

Does Family Planning Association accept Medicaid?

Question: Hi there!  I have Ohio Medicaid. I need to get a full STD test. Do you accept Ohio Medicaid and if you do how should I go about setting up an appointment?  Thank you!

Answer: The Family Planning Association does accept various insurance providers, including Medicaid.  Please call 440-352-0608 to schedule an appointment for STI testing.