How do you determine cost if I am unemployed and a teenager?

Question: I am a teenager and do not have a job. If my parents will not be coming with me to my visit, how will I bring pay stubs or proof of household income? I will not be using insurance, so will need to look at the sliding pay scale. But how do you determine the cost if I do not have a job and will not be using parents’ income or insurance to pay for treatment?

Answer:  If you are an unemployed student without documentation of family income, Family Planning Association would assign you to the furthest side of our scale. FPA services are available to you at little or no cost and you would never be turned away because of inability to pay; we do accept donations.  Call 440-352-0608 (Painesville) or 440-992-5953 (Ashtabula) to make an appointment.