Can I switch my birth control pill?

Question: Can I switch to a different type of pill? The pill I’m on now is causing me to break out and is making me sick, would I be able to switch to a different kind of pill?

Answer:  Nausea and complexion changes are normal side effects of oral contraceptives and usually last 2-3 months after you begin taking them.  However, if you are uncomfortable or unhappy with your current birth control pill, or you have been consuming them for longer than 3 months, I highly encourage you to call your local doctor or Family Planning (352-0608) to schedule an appointment to discuss other birth control options.