Info for Guys
The Family Planning Association can provide:
- Limited medical exams
- Testing and Treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections
- HIV Testing
Interesting Facts to Know about Men’s Bodies
- 300 million: The approximate number of sperm discharged during each ejaculation.
- The existence of sperm was not known before the 17th century, because they could not be seen with a naked eye.
- Orgasm and ejaculation do not always occur at the same time.
- Testicular cancer – the most common form of cancer in men ages 15-34 – is over 95% curable with caught early.
- Medications, recreational drugs (especially marijuana), and cigarette smoking can all decrease the number and mobility of sperm.
- There are approximately 16 feet of tiny coiled tubules inside each epididymis, the duct that carries sperm from the testicle to the urethra.
- The human male sperm count has declined significantly sinc the 1930s. One Dutch study showed a 42% drop since 1940.
- Anything that blocks oxygen from the penile tissue, such as high blood pressure or smoking, can cause impotence.
- 1 Teaspoon: The average amount of semen emitted at one ejacluation.
- Sperm travel at about 3 centimeters per minute.